Help! My username's not working.
- Make sure you’re entering your username and not your full name. You can't log into your account using your full name.
- Sign in with your email address instead. You can sign into your account with your username or email address.
How long can a username be?
- It must be 15 characters or less.
What characters are allowed in a username?
- Alphanumeric characters and underscores (A-Z, a-z, 0-9, “_”) are allowed.
- Special characters other than underscores (!, @, #, $, %, &, etc.) aren't allowed.
What’s the difference between a username and full name?
Your username is unique at the account-level, so no user will have the same username as you. Your username is included in your Flipboard URL (for example, flipboard.com/@flipboard), and can be used for signing into your account.
Your full name, on the other hand, may not be unique. Another user may have the same full name listed as yours. Your full name is shown in your article and magazine details, and on your comments.
Can I take the username of an inactive account?
Sorry, if a username is already taken, you will need to choose another one. Even if an account appears inactive -- old articles, no recent magazines, empty profile -- the account still owns that username and may continue to sign in with it.
If your preferred username is already taken, you can look for an available variation of that username by adding additional letters, numbers, and “_”.
A username is available. Why can’t I claim that username?
Usernames containing profanity and other explicit language cannot be used.