The Flipboard iOS widget puts headlines from topics you follow right on your iOS Today or Home screen. The new dynamic edition of the widget comes in four variations, from thumbnail with a single story to a roundup of four of the latest stories.
Headlines displayed are updated every time the widget loads. Tapping a headline will open it in the app. So in order to interact with stories, you must be signed in.
Add the dynamic Flipboard widget:
- Swipe right on your device’s Home screen
- Tap Edit at the bottom of your Today screen
- Scroll to the top and tap the + symbol at the top right or left
- Search for or scroll down to Flipboard
- Swipe left/right to select the widget style and tap Add Widget
- Drag it to the top of your widgets or to the right onto your Home screen
- Tap Done in the upper right of the screen
You can move the widget up and down on the Today screen or long-hold and drag to the right to move to your Home screen. That's right, the widget can now live amongst your app icons on the Home screen. Click here to learn more about Apple's widget system.
Flipboard widget's four versions:
- Large – previews of four stories with image thumbnails
- Medium – previews of two stories with image thumbnails
- Medium – preview of one story with background image
- Small – preview of one story with background image
How do I change the content section that appears in the Flipboard widget?
You'll control the content in the Flipboard app. Note: Localized content may not be available for all regions and languages.
- Go to your Profile.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Select Widget Settings
- Choose a content section. Your options are:
- For You
- Daily Edition
- 10 for Today
- Flipboard Picks
Remove the old Flipboard widget:
For the time being, adding the new, advanced widget will not remove the older-style widget. You'll need to do that manually.
- Swipe right on your device’s home screen
- Tap Edit and then Customize
- Scroll down to the Flipboard widget and tap the red - symbol
Prefer the older-style widget? It's still available for now. Instead of the + at the top on your Today view, you'll choose Edit and then Customize. Flipboard will appear in the list. Hit the red + symbol next to Flipboard, then Done.