The For You feed contains the best of everything you follow--pulling content from all your Magazines, topics, and sources (e.g., people, publishers, and social) into one feed. In addition, we may fill it with recommended content if you still need to follow much.
Tap on any of the three featured articles or swipe up to view the rest of its contents. From here, you can:
Browse For You
You can tap a story to view it fully or swipe up to view the next one.
Engage with Flips
You can take several social actions once you land on a Flip.
- Like it
- Flip to Magazine
- Share via email, text, or other apps
- Tap on the three vertical dots to open your menu sheet
- Write a comment
Tune your feed
The For You feed contains a mix of all the topics, Magazines, and users you follow. If you're seeing articles and sources you find questionable or would rather not see, you can train the app to deliver content you'll enjoy. There are two different ways to tune your feed.
To open your Personalize options, tap the Tune slider icon at the top right of your For You feed to add and remove topics. In addition, we suggest related topics as well. The more specific your topic selections (for example: following #Italian Cooking instead of only #Food), the more fine-tuned your feed becomes.
If you remove a topic in For You, you will unfollow it everywhere, including if you pinned it to your top home bar, we would remove it.
In addition to this Personalize screen, you can add topics and Magazines in the Explore tab and remove them in the Following tab. Remember that For You will pull from all the topics, Magazines, and other sources, you follow. Therefore, the more thoughtfully and precisely you refine what you follow, the more relevant For You will become.
Tap the three vertical dots icon on a story to open your menu sheet. From here, you can tap Like to see more content like this or Less like this to open more tuning options for you to choose from.
- This isn't interesting to me: Select Show less to see fewer stories with these topic tags or stories from this source. It won’t mute any source or topic, but it will show items like it less.
- Mute: Select Mute if you no longer want stories from this source to appear anywhere on Flipboard. Unmute a source by tapping into your Settings > Muted Sources > then uncheck a muted source.
- Report: Select Report if the selected story violates our Community Guidelines. It will remove the selected story from your feed and flag it for review.