Users who have a Pixelfed account will be able to connect their Pixelfed account to Flipboard. If you don’t have a Pixelfed account, you can create one here.
Pixelfed is an open-source Instagram alternative that’s part of the federated social web. By integrating with Flipboard, Pixelfed content joins a host of other photo-related Flipboard feeds and collections, including #photography and The Photography Exchange, giving photography enthusiasts one place to stay up on their industry, craft and community.
To connect your Pixelfed account to Flipboard, follow these quick steps:
- Make sure your Flipboard app is the most recent up-to-date version.
- On iOS, go to your Following tab (a grid with four squares) and select Accounts. On Android, go to Settings > Connected accounts.
- Select “Pixelfed (beta)” and enter your Pixelfed credentials.
- Authorize Flipboard to access your Pixelfed account.
- Now you can flip through Pixelfed on Flipboard!
Remember: Use the + to save posts into a Flipboard Magazine. You can also use the social actions on each item within Flipboard to like, comment on, and re-share items to Pixelfed via Flipboard.