Some users are reporting that articles suddenly stop loading articles (black screen with partial loading bar).
We are actively working to investigate and solve this.
Things to try
- Clear cache and restart the app.
- Make sure you're on the latest version of Flipboard.
- Update your OS.
If you're still having issues, please check that the Android System WebView and Google Chrome compenents are updated via the Google Play store. This resolves the issue for some users.
- Go to the Play Store app on your Android device.
- Search for Android System WebView. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview
- Select the Update option.
- Repeat these steps for Google Chrome. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.chrome
Android WebView is a system component powered by Chrome that allows Android apps to display web content. This component is pre-installed on your device and should be kept up to date to ensure you have the latest security updates and other bug fixes.